Baptisms
Family Tree Research
Church Photos
St Marks Staff
Heads Diary
History Of St Marks
Families
Workplaces
Neighbours
Registers
School Photos
Where Are They Now
Guestbook
Weddings
Home Page

BackNext

Barrow Bridge Mills (Dean Mills)

Left, Keystone from the Facade of Engine House Dean Mills Barrow Bridge

 

Updated December 23, 2016 4:12 PM

Timeline

1831 Built - Robert Gardner

1843 Gardner and Bazley

1862 Sir Thomas Bazley

1862 -1877 William Romaine Callender

1877 Closed

1895 - 1913 Dean Mills Company

1913 Mills demolished, but the village houses/cottages built at the same time as the mills will remain in the conservation area and are highly sought after.

1948 September 2nd
A suggestion that Barrow Bridge might be taken over by the Parks Department and used as a boating lake was made by Counc. O'Hara (Lab) at Bolton Town Council today. He said the Parks Department might be interested in development in connexion with Moss Bank Park. The lake might be used for boating or other form of recreation. A recommendation that the land and the lake, at present on lease to W. and E. Helme should be granted to Mrs Rimmer for a period of five to seven years, was referred back to the Finance Committee for further consideration.

1972 Oct 24th About £20,000 is to be spent on restoring the character of Barrow Bridge. The streets are to be paved with traditional materials like flagstones and granite sets and old-style street lamps installed. The disused Dean Mills Institute may be bought by the Corporation and turned into a museum for heavy textile machinery.

BackNext

Baptisms
Family Tree Research
Church Photos
St Marks Staff
Heads Diary
History Of St Marks
Families
Workplaces
Neighbours
Registers
School Photos
Where Are They Now
Guestbook
Weddings
Home Page