Photo of Mill No2 taken from John Brown St.
The Mill was also known as the Vernon Mills which incorporated Bolton Union Mills 1, 2 and 3. Union Mill and Hebdens Mill.
1875 No1 Mill Built
1880 No2 Mill Built
1884 John Hebden and Son,Vernon Mills
1900 Bolton Union Spinning Company Co Ltd, constituted 1874
1902 - 1905 Mill No3 Built
19?? Stopped production
1946 Lancashire Cotton Corporation Ltd receives permission to re-open the mill.
1960 Lancashire Cotton Corporation Ltd closed
1961 Mills bought by Barlow and Jones and Mill No1 demolished.
1976 Closed by Tootals Ltd.
1985 No1 Mill site landscaped for use as playing fields.
1985 No2 Mill used by Dewhurst Dent Holdings Ltd, G and R Dewhurst (CMT) Curtains Ltd, Dewhurst Printing Company.
2008 The Mill is to be demolished? and replaced with apartments, the reason given by the council is the mill no longer reflects the image of the surrounding area.
2016 The Mill is still standing and in use as of July, but the businesses that occupy the mill may be on borrowed time.