Location Simpson St off Blackburn Rd
This map is from 1908 so unless the Mill is the unamed building it may have been demolished by this time.
1872 Aug 12th For a period of six months, the Brunswick
Mill (purchased by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Company, and surrounded
by Blackbank St, Simpson Stand Scott St) has ceased to work, and the lodge
adjoining the mill has remained one of the most conspicuous and palpable
nuisances that one can possibly conceive, scenes of revolting brutality
being constantly perpetrated on its banks previous to the drowning of
some members of the canine and feline species. It is no exaggeration to
state that some 60 or 70 of these animals are at present deposited there,
and many are now to be seen on the surface in a very advanced state of
1884 John Calvert (pinter).
1985 Previously demolished site part of Warburton Bakery.
2016 Location completely redeveloped.