Flash St Mills
James Ormrod and Thomas Hardcastles complex at Flash St Mills originally comprised the Royal Sovereign, Royal George and Pin Mills, fronting Flash,Weston (Great Moor) and Later Ormrod Streets respectively.
Later the firm became part of the Fine Cotton Spinners and Doublers Association Ltd but continued to trade under its original name until it's closure following the 1959 Cotton Industry Act.
The mills became a light variety of firms before being demolished in the 1990s then built upon with Sainsburys Store then Mecca Casino, the buildings seem not to last long these days.
Updated December 24, 2016 11:10 PM
1788 Established as Ormrod and Hardcastle.
1818 Royal Sovereign burned down.
1825 James Ormrod dies.
1838 Royal George burned down.
1857 - 1865 George and Pin Mills built to fireproof standards.
1884 Ormrod and Hardcastle also at Bullfield Mills.
1900 Ormrod and Hardcastle Co Ltd also at Parrot St.
1924 Sovereign Mill extended.
1925 Ormrod and Hardcastle Co Ltd + Woodeaves Co Ltd.
1950 Ormrod and Hardcastle Co Ltd also at Parrot St and Columbia Mills.
1960s Closed as Cotton Mill.
2005 Site now Sainburys Supermarket.
2016 Most of the site is now Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino.