December 24, 2016 9:31 PM
Built in 1797 For Joshua Wood, changed hands in 1802 to Samuel Crompton.
Gorse and Thompson (Spinners) took it over in 1857.
In 1894 John Booth and Sons took over the premises
and used it for more than 90 years.
Now it is a car park and little remains of Back King
St just cobbles and very narrow pavements with a little back alley at
the rear of the Greyhound pub which probably still looks like it did
in the late 1800s.
The mill is long gone
Booths factory on St Edmund St and Crompton's old mill
on the left situated on Back King St, the attic was once occupied by
Samuel Crompton, the attic was removed in 1928.