Baptisms
Family Tree Research
Church Photos
St Marks Staff
Heads Diary
History Of St Marks
Families
Workplaces
Neighbours
Registers
School Photos
Where Are They Now
Guestbook
Weddings
Home Page

BackNext

Lostock Junction Mills

 

Location Heaton Rd, off Junction Rd

Updated September 13, 2014 6:57 PM

Timeline

1860 No1 Mill built Thomas and Joseph Heaton

1884 Mill taken over by William Heaton

1886 No1 Mill enlarged

1895 No1 Mill enlarged

1899 No1 Mill enlarged

1900 William Heaton also at Delph Hill Mill

1900 No2 Mill built

1907 No1 Mill enlarged

1915 No1 Mill enlarged

1925 William Heaton and Sons Ltd

1950 William Heaton and Sons Ltd (Crosses and Heatons Ltd)

1971 Closed

1973 March 17th
The former Crosses and Heatons mills at Lostock Junction are being demolished to make way for housing development. Crosses and Heatons, Ltd., once one of the giants of Lancashire cotton.
Ninety homes are to be built on the site.

 

 

Baptisms
Family Tree Research
Church Photos
St Marks Staff
Heads Diary
History Of St Marks
Families
Workplaces
Neighbours
Registers
School Photos
Where Are They Now
Guestbook
Weddings
Home Page