Baptisms
Family Tree Research
Church Photos
St Marks Staff
Heads Diary
History Of St Marks
Families
Workplaces
Neighbours
Registers
School Photos
Where Are They Now
Guestbook
Weddings
Home Page

BackNext

          Peel Mills          

 

Location Waterloo St / Turnton St

Updated September 21, 2015 3:05 PM

Timeline

1797 - 1802 Built, Faulkner, Dillon and Hart / Thomas Dixon / Roger Holland

1801 Dixon, Greenhalgh and Co

1820 Robert Knowles

1830 Robert Knowles and Sons (Round Hill Mills - Four Factories)

1844 Robert Knowles and Sons (Peel Mill No1 built ie Turton St New Mill)

1852 Robert Knowles (Round Hill Mills) John and George Knowles(Peel Mill No1)

1855 Peel Mill No2 built

1861 William Knowles (Round Hill Mills)

1872 Peel Mill No1 destroyed by fire £30.000 damage

1875 Peel Mill No1 rebuilt

1876 - 1879 Peel Mill No3 built, the 6 storey mill built mostly of iron and glass, it became known as 'the Glass Factory'

1884 George Knowles and Sons Ltd (Peel Mills) William Knowles and Son (Round Hill Mills)

1900 - 1920 Ward and Walker (Crosses and Winkworth Consolidated Mills Ltd)

1925 Knowles Ltd

1959 Closed as Cotton Mills

1960 Mills 2 and 3 were demolished and site rebuilt upon with Bolton Gate occupying the site.

2007 Now the site of Bolton Gates Retail Site and the massive B and Q Warehouse.

 

 

Baptisms
Family Tree Research
Church Photos
St Marks Staff
Heads Diary
History Of St Marks
Families
Workplaces
Neighbours
Registers
School Photos
Where Are They Now
Guestbook
Weddings
Home Page