September 21, 2015 3:05 PM
1884 Cannon Brothers, established 1869
1971 November, Mill closed as Cannon Brothers (Spirella Group)
1974 Demolished and site subsequently redeveloped
October 10th, Another of Bolton's landmarks has disappeared in a cloud
of dust. The 120-foot high chimney of the old Stanley Mill at Jackson
Street - better known as Cannon's Mill was demolished today.
1985 Site Hilliards Supermarket.