September 13, 2014 6:56 PM
1777 Site leased by Joseph Blundell
1780 Mill completed James Thweat
1833 John Dean + John Roscoe
1833 Bought by Roger Walker
1843 Robert Walker and Co
1897 Robert Walker, Mill extended.
1906 Robert Walker, Mill extended again
1946 Permission has also been received to re-open Robert Walker Ltd
at St Helena Mill St Helena Rd cotton waste spinner, since 1941 it
has been converted from steam-driven to electric power.
1979 Robert Walker, Mill closed
1985 Multiple industrial uses
2007 Only the original mill survives today all the
Helena Mill was Bolton's first cotton mill Built in 1777, and the original
building still survives today and is one of the towns Grade II listed
Extensions were built on both sides in 1897 and 1906
but have now been demolished leaving only the original building.