September 13, 2014 6:56 PM
Built in 1884 after the Wellington Mill on Foundry
St (now known as Phoenix St off Folds Rd) burnt down in 1856 with a
loss of £45.000 and 600 jobs.
1884 Ainsworth Brothers and Co Ltd (Mill No1), W and
C Ainsworth (Mill No2).
In 1925 Ainsworth Brothers and Co Ltd (Crosses and
Winkworth Consolidated Mills Ltd and W and C Ainsworth became a Limited
1984 Mills demolished.
1980s Redeveloped for industrial use